Saturday, October 26, 2013

7QT: Media edition

So I normally don't put in too many pictures because, well, I'm lazy and either forget to take said pictures or just don't get around to uploading them from either my camera or my phone and all of a sudden it's been 2 months since I took that really cute picture/video. Well, not this time. Nosirree. We're gonna have stuff in here!


Rosie loves the Avicii song "Wake Me Up." Side note: I have a hard time referring to it that way because Avicii is a Swedish DJ and the singer is a Panamanian-American man by the name of Aloe Blacc. Side side note: Aloe Blacc is his stage name. His birth name is Egbert Nathaniel Dawkins III. EGBERT.

Anyway. As soon as that song comes on, Rosie is clapping and wiggling and stomping and...well, it's freaking adorable.



Also adorable: Rosie getting eaten by a bear.


(I can't rotate the video. Sorry. I'm bummed, too.)

Remember that thing I said about TJ Maxx being where I got Rosie's Halloween costume? And how she looks like she's been eaten by a stuffed animal? Well, here's proof:

You can see one of my awesome boots in the background.

Freddy was in Rosie's costume from last year. We're on safari!

Look at those cute boys!

The reason we even got to dress them up was because one of Nate's schools (he teaches at 3) had a staff family Halloween hallway trick-or-treat and movie in the gym with cider and donuts party. It was a lot of fun to see all the different costumes. One 6-ft tall Bugs Bunny was actually a former student of Nate's - crazy!

Frisbee stacking > candy

I don't care too much about baseball. I mean, I know the rules of the game and could follow it if I wanted to, but unless I'm in a ballpark with other people, baseball is, in my opinion, pretty boring. However, I do like orchestras, and the brass sections of the Boston and St. Louis Symphonies got together to do some fun trash-talking.

And that video reminded me of this one from my childhood...



Featuring "world-renowned very good sport, Seiji Ozawa." I'm sure that's supposed to be "world-renowned, very good sport," but removing the first comma makes it funnier to me.

For more Quick Takes, visit Cari at Clan Donaldson!

No comments:

Post a Comment